Sunday, September 23, 2012

Launch of Mahakali Mandir

Hari om.
Every now and then every one of us seated here goes through some changes in our lives. Some of the changes that we go through are good, and some not so good. When you have to follow the instructions of great masters like my guru, Swami Murugesu Maharishi, Shivabalayogi, Kriya Babaji - and not forgetting the one that hammers me all the time Agastyar - when you follow these great saints, changes happen every day. When this project, this ashram that you are sitting in, was complete I thought I could rest – but no, they didn’t give me the chance to rest. Now they say I must complete the Kali shrine. They also said that this is my last project: "This is your only project. This project will take you where you belong". I stand in front of you here to hand this project over to you as the most sincere devotees of the Gayathri Peedam, and some sincere followers of my Guru's teachings. 

This is not a simple project. To install a Kali murthi means I have to split my energy so I can make this shrine a reality. It takes a lot to install a Kali murthi. Talking about the Kali murthi as She stands here: It is a design that came to me through my Guru in meditation. I remembered it in every detail. I went to Mahabalipuram, told the guy what I want and in my next visit, he produced something that, to me was beyond my imagination, and a total disbelief – this is exactly how I saw the mother. Now that I am going to house her, it gives even me better joy because, in my meditation, she was seated in a shrine that looked very much like the Taj Mahal – in all her glory. That is the plan I have for the installation of this supreme mother Kali who has guided us through every major prayer we have performed at this ashram. Before every prayer we first worshiped Mother Kali. To me, she is not just made of black stone; she is not just made of granite; to me, she is living and I expect her to live in each one of you after we complete the installation. 

The project will be one of its kind. It will be the most unique Kali temple and it will be THE Kali temple for all for you to worship and absorb Her energy. There will be nine kalsas placed underneath the Kali murthi which will generate energy continuously. There will be a Mahameru above the murthi so that you can absorb the energy of mother Kali. Some of you have worshiped mother Kali before and you are now thinking,‘How is Guru going to do the necessary pooja?’ Kali has never asked any one of you to give a life – Kali does not represent a life sacrifice. Mother Kali represents your own sacrifice. As you can see she has a garland of skulls which means, "before you come to Me, purify your mind and come to me with pure mind". They are human skulls and not goat skulls, and because they're human skulls we should not believe that we should sacrifice goats.

A man came to me in the early days to 'open book'. We didn’t use the word ‘astrology’ in those days. When we did the reading, I told him that he needed to become a vegetarian. He said he couldn’t because he owned buses and he had to sacrifice. He said that when his great grandfather ran the business, there were no accidents on the road because he did the Kali prayer. Well, I had to find a quick answer for that and said to him, ‘When your grandfather was driving the bus somebody had to run in front of it with a lantern and there were no accidents because there were no cars on the roads.’ Nowadays we have so many cars on the roads so it’s not easy to avoid an accident. I told him there was no need to sacrifice. He then called me some names which I cannot repeat here. But today, he no longer has buses, neither does he have his lower limbs. That is what happens when we sacrifice – we are the looser.

For this Kali murthi we have no sacrifice. Sometimes we want to bluff ourselves and do sacrifice with nutmeg. Sometimes we cut a pumpkin and put red kumkum inside and say that it's blood. There should not be any kind of sacrifice here. And this Kali is no exception – there will be no sacrifice here. Don’t make you contribution thinking that you can come here on Good Friday to offer your sacrifice. It’s not going to happen! You may think on Good Friday you can bring your goat here instead of driving all the way to Isipingo – it’s not going to happen here. 

The shrine will be in stainless steel - that means the upper deck and the dome. It will be open on four sides so worship around the shrine is possible. The Kali shine should not have walls because she is there to protect. After the installation, the protection of the shrine will be in the radius of 200km or more. If you come from Stanger, you will be protected. This includes ships that will be traveling 200km from here. That is the total energy radius of this Kali. 

In the joy of us installing this Kali murthi also comes some sadness. This morning the Shiva lingam came loose from its base and that is not a very good sign. But I believe that by making my pledge today I will be able to overcome whatever obstacle is in store for us. There are many aspects of life that can be affected when a lingam comes loose from the base. The biggest and most terrifying for you is called death. It is not supposed to come loose on its own. This is not to shock you. We are doing a re-installation tomorrow at 5am. Come and feel the energy.

So, I stand here and, as I always say to everybody – nobody is a better beggar than me. Here I stand to beg of you to make your contribution to this shrine which we call the Sri Vidhya Maha Kali Mandir. Sri Vidya because of the Sri Chakra and nine kalsas, so that she will be encapsulated in this divine energy. It will be so powerful that you may have a problem approaching the shrine. I ask you in total humility and love that your contribution is not based me being your guru or on pleasing me; your contribution should be based on yourself as individuals. Once you make your pledge, the next step is to fulfill the contribution. In the name of my master Swami Murugesu Maharishi, in the name of Sri Agastyiar Muni, I pray that we meet whatever is required for the building of the Kali shrine.