Saturday, October 20, 2012

Navarathri Chariot Procession

I've never seen you all so exhausted! Even a fly could go for a tour in your mouth and you wouldn't know. What you've just done should energise you!

I thank all of you for making this chariot procession a success, and the masters have told me that this will be THE chariot procession and I think that's what we experienced. As of today I won't be involved. It will carry on with the members and committee. I won't be involved at all because for the period this procession was tabled, I've only had stress. I've got all the dates for your chariot procession for the next ten years and you must decide if you want to start preparations for next year tomorrow, or wait until the day before.

The mother looked absolutely beautiful today. In 22 years I have never seen her in all the glamour we saw her in today. Thank you to everyone who made that possible. To all of you who pulled the chariot today, if it wasn't for you the chariot would not have left here. Give yourselves a round of applause. To my masters who were fighting with God to keep the rain at bay, give them a round of applause. I think they really did a good job. They told me there'd be no rain for five hours - from 1.30 to 6.30pm we had 5 hours without rain. Thank you very much and God bless all of you.  

Just this morning I was talking, and I said, "For me, this is my greatest passion". Even a thank-you won't help me. This is what I live to do. I don't do anything else. For as long as many of you have known me I have been doing this. This is my passion. My masters instruct me, and I come out and do it. Many of you don't understand this concept of master and disciple. It doesn't only work on the material plane. It doesn't stop here. Even after he leaves this material plane, your master will guide you, talk to you, and tell you where you are going. Your master teaches you the art of silence. Only your master can do that. Your master tells you when to act, when not to act, and how to react. But you must be in tune with your master. Some of you think that by sitting here you're in tune with me. It's not like that. Hundreds of you can serve me food, but only the guru can decide who gets the darshan. He can take your food and not even recognise you. He can take your food, and give you darshan and you won't understand until your guru is gone.

Some of you don't understand your guru. Your tone, your voice, your statements are not called for. But your guru doesn't react with you because he knows the art of silence. And the art of silence is the only thing that will take you through this journey. When the media phones, anybody knowing the art of silence, will say, "I have no comment". The art of silence lets you leave your issues behind, and just go with your tissues. That is the art of silence.

I'm only an instrument and this is my love. I'll give up anything for this. I'm leaving for Sri Lanka on Tuesday for my guru. It is his birthday on the 26th. I will be there on his birthday. I will be so happy to be at my guru's samadhi place, to sit there and enjoy his energy. You are all lucky. I don't have my guru in the physical. I have my guru in energy. You have a physical guru. If you don't have a guru, go and find one. I used to say that a lot before. Find a guru and hold onto his leg for dear life. And once you can hold onto his leg for dear life, that guru will take you to your heights.

I'm going to conclude by talking to you quickly about my first guru, Narainsami. Before he accepted me as his disciple he chased me away three times. I was young, just fourteen years old. He chased my father too. His words were, "What rubbish! I'm no guru. I cut sugar cane! Who told you this rubbish? get out!" My father had a short fuse and all the way back home he was swearing at my mother. There was an old lady there who said, "Son, relax, he behaves like that". My father said that Narainsami was mad. My mother cried to go again so my father took her. It was by the beach, and his words were, "I told y'all yesterday! What's your people's problem? Get out now!" My father shouted at my mother again.

To secure a third trip, my mother cried and didn't eat for two days, so my father gave in and took her again. We get there, and Narainsami said, "Come, come". My father couldn't understand this. The same man who chased us and said what bullshit all this was, now said, "Come, come".

Today I remember my first experience with my guru. He had a bottle of Mainstay, and a pork chop in his hand. He asked, "What's your problem?" My father told him that I had epilepsy and fits. My guru said, "Nonsense. He doesn't have epilepsy. Go home". Narainsamy was filthy, with fat dripping off his face from the chop. He took a piece of paper, drew some lines, a triangle, square, rectangle, circle. He said to my father, "Take this home, put it in a bucket of water and bath him outside". My dad said it wouldn't work. We go home, my mother holding the piece of paper for dear life. She put it in the water, I was outside, naked, and they poured a bucket of water over me. Then I came right. That's how he became my guru. And I held onto him for dear life, for ten, maybe twelve years. And then I met Jagadambal and left him to hold onto her.