Friday, June 29, 2012

Fathers' Day

As we grow we forget our fathers who have given us this ideology of the cosmic world that we live in. And yet, in times of difficulty, in times of lowest ebb, this father stood by his children who now have wings and have not come to wish this father happy fathers' day. I've been father to all of you, and I pray that I can be father to all of you in the future as well. But God's decision, and the masters' decision will always supersede my desire and ideology of being father to you.

What is it to be a father? It is to be there at the most difficult times, in the most joyous times, when you're at your highest ebb, and at your lowest ebb. Fathers should only worry about their children and that's what I've done for all of you. I've made a point of being there for you and, if God grants me, I make a pledge to be there for you in the future, but it's all in his hands. This whole life is in his hands.

This is a very unique fathers' day because I turn 59 next month and I'm expecting to have an even better bash at 59. This is my 89th trip to India - that's a lot of trips! And on my 89th trip I find it the most joyous ever. I didn't even realise when I selected the 17th, that it was fathers' day because it's not on the Hindu calendar. Everything seems to have fallen together for me today. It's father's day, I'm leaving for India, and your glorious, joyous, happy farewell.

In this journey we meet many kinds of people: good people and bad people. We meet people who we like and people who we dislike. We meet ambitious people and lazy ones. We meet them all in this life. But it is not for us to judge who we meet. We don't have the power to judge because all our judgment is by perception, based on what people have told us to judge on. The Bhagavad Gita says we must have evenness of mind, and that is why you're all with me today - because of my evenness of mind. I treat each one of you differently, but with evenness of mind. When I say I treat each one differently, I find links with some of you from my past life so treat you a bit differently from those who have just joined me in this lifetime - they need more nurturing. So you'll find I nurture some of you more than others. It's also a father's duty to care more for his slower, weaker and not so well children, even in wealth, health and in mind. All fathers do that and I do the same thing for I am your spiritual father, and the spiritual son of Swami Murugesu. His presence is here today so you have the opportunity of meeting the most beautiful presence today. Jai Guru.