Friday, October 21, 2011

What has to be will be

Hari Om.
What has to be will be. What has to happen, what has to be attained, will be attained.

Many many moons ago, I was barely 13 years old, I was sitting with my father and he was having a general discussion with me. Only now when I sit back and think, do I realise how nicely he told me how to live this life. He called me 'Dad'. He said, 'Dad, in life you can't have everything. Know that'. We were poor, battling – I had just finished washing the car on a Saturday, the rims, the polish. I had started at six o'clock in the morning.

My father taught me that there's only one thing in life you must know: what is not yours can never be yours. What you can't have, don't even bother trying to attain. I'll give u an example. If you take a drum, smear it with oil and roll it down the mountain, not all the dirt will stick. Only that dirt which is supposed to stick will stick.

When I was held up in Gateway Shopping Centre for 8000 Rand, I thought about that. It wasn't for me. The guy had a gun and I'm still important. So in this life you must live like that. We can't have everything, but what we are supposed to have we will have. No matter how you try not to have it. For example, somebody close to me had a baby. When she was pregnant she went to the gynae who said, 'We must terminate the pregnancy because the baby has Down's Syndrome'. The next day they gave her some tablets and she thought she was fine. After all that the baby was still born – with Down's Syndrome.

What you don't want, if you have to have it, you will have it. I know somebody else who was on 100% guaranteed contraception. The following month she was pregnant. There are certain things you don't play with in nature. So now, because of the type of contraceptive, the baby was affected during the pregnancy. It was born without an earlobe and one nostril was up here so they did plastic surgery.

Many people think if they don't want it, we can just go and abort it. When they play the game they are masters at chess. But if your master wishes it for you, then you'll have it – always.

Om.