Saturday, June 11, 2011

Special Sani Navagraha Pooja


Hari Om.
What you experienced today is just for you. The chance of seeing it again is not going to happen. Enjoy the energy and I'm sure you'll experience some different emotions. Just enjoy that because it's not going to happen again for a long time. This must be after twenty years. Enjoy that energy that went through your body.

What they're going to do now is padio pooja, washing the feet. After that we'll have some bhajan.

It is believed by the great seers, nothing that was written in the last hundred years - actually it was written 5000 years ago - that after every major pooja the greatest energy you'll get is from your guru's feet. So all the disciples in the olden days used to wash their guru's feet. And why don't all of you get a chance to wash? Some devotees think they're forced to wash the guru's feet. That negative intention is no good for the guru. So we have the same people washing voluntarily all the time, unless some devotee requests to do it on their birthday. Normally children will come in the morning of their birthday and wash the guru's feet.

So how do you know that your prayer today was answered? We had that slight drizzle and then it stopped. Only then do you know that even God is happy about your prayer and those are God's tears of joy. It has nothing to do with what the Fifa chairman said. When he opened his big new place in Geneva it was pouring with rain so he said, 'It doesn't matter if God is upset when we open this place. Even during rain soccer has to live'. And now it's hot there and he's battling to live. Am I right? So that's why I'm saying 'tears of joy'. It's because we did this prayer properly and I think everyone of you is blessed today. So were going to resound the name of the Lord once more this time in bhajanayoga If Brother Haridas was here that's what he would say. In bhajanayoga we're going to resound His name. I won't take long. I know that for some of you from 4 o'clock to 8 o'lock is a long time to pray. But before I start I have one short story to tell you from my son. I want to tell all of you because it's important to know.

His lecturer asked him, 'Mahavisinu, tell me how many hours do you sleep?' He thought he was going to show his lecturer a point so he said, 'I sleep for 8 hours at night and 2 hours in the day time'. The lecturer said, 'Not good. If you have a history of diabetes in your family it means you will become diabetic'. I'm telling you this because some of you sleep for fourteen hours! When I told the yoga students that I sleep for four hours they thought I was crazy. So Vishnu asked the lecturer how much we should sleep for and he said, 'Anything from one-and-a-half to four hours. Fours hours in bed resting and one-and-a-half of those hours for sleep'. This is a lecturer in a medical school.

I'm telling you this because I'm an example of dying slowly - a perfect example. Every day my body is telling me another sloka and its not any better than yesterday's sloka - ya ya ya yama. Do you understand what I'm saying? It's worse than having cancer. With cancer the doctors give you three or four weeks before you die. With diabetes they can't tell you. They just give you these tablets and tell you to take them. So don't get diabetes. I carry two pens in my pocket. Everyone passing me thinks I'm a clerk but those pens are my injections.

You get up in the morning with diabetes and every day this is what happens to you. On the first day the front of your toe will be in pain. You think it's nothing. On the second day the back of your toe is in pain. On the third day, the side of your foot, then your whole foot, then slowly your knee, then your hip, finished. You have to take a chair to the toilet. You don't want to go there. So from today, on this lovely day of the lunar eclipse, take a vow to sleep four hours a day only. Really, I have practised it. Too much sleep is really a problem. Start to a sleep maximum four hours a day. Try it. The Bhagavad Gita says, 'He who sleeps too much, he who eats too much, is not a yogi'. I'll add to that: he's a boghi, and when he eats more than too much he's a roghi. You don't want to go that route. You're not diabetic yet. There's a medication called Chromium. All of you go and get that. It prevents you from getting diabetes.

So please, I just wanted to tell you this story because diabetes is very, very uncomfortable. You kick something and worry until it heals. If you have an open would you worry 'till it heals. Just now I had a red mark on my toe and I got Nirvana to check. It was just kungum. I was scared, really. So, please, if you want to consult with Vishnu I'll charge you all later. Don't get diabetes, it's worse than cancer. With cancer you know when you're going to die. With diabetes you know you're going to die but you don't know when. One good thing about diabetes - as soon as you see chocolate you forget you have diabetes. Mine is different as soon as I go behind a sugar truck my sugar goes up.

Before we do aarthi, many of you here, or some of you here seated here, received special pavitrums from Swami Murugesu, and I see that u don't have them on. I see only Jo and Saras have them on. Its very, very important that you have a pavitram in special poojas, if the guru gives you a pavitram - and in many cases it was given by swami murugesu. Its a very special, it has great significance for this kind of pooja and if you received one from the guru you're very lucky. Thats why I stopped giving thiings, I say 'wear this' all the time and you throw it away.
Hari Om



Click Here to view images from this unique Sani Navagraha pooja.