Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2014 is not the year

Today is Thaipusam Pournami, the first pournami of the year, and it is generally the most powerful pournami to start with. Tomorrow many of you will be carrying kavady. It is important to know that during this time the only thing that can save us from anything is prayer. We need to pray, pray, and pray. The only reason it's come to this is that when we were kids we were not asked to pray, pray, and pray. But here, now, we are saying pray, pray, pray. It's the same world, universe, and anatomy, so why?  Because during the period from when we were kids to now, we used our intellect to destroy this world, and in that process we forgot God. Each one of us lives in three states: the mental state; the emotional state; and the spiritual state. In the mental state you are either intellectual or not. In the emotional state you are either strong or weak. In the spiritual state you are intellectually strong, you become knowledgeable. Because right now to save us, we need to have some kind of knowledge, and that is not intellect.

Many of us think we go to school, study, get seven or nine As, and we are intellectuals. We are not, we just have the ability to remember, that's all. An intellectual person who is put on the spot, who has never had the opportunity before, can give you a solution to that problem. I spent the whole day today trying to make a chart for each of you to keep at home, but I just finished when Tejanananda came and called me form my room, so I had no chance to make copies. I did a very special chart for all of you of which we will make copies. According to your Sun sign, during that time, where the planets will be placed in your star, on what date. The only thing I didn't put there is time, which I am going to do later tonight, and copies will be given to those who come on Friday. This is what it looks like. You won't understand it. This is the way the planets are going to be in each one of your Sun signs. The reason I did this is that every one of you can Google. Many of you have Google on your PC or laptop. Many of you walk with somebody who is a Google. You don't have to go anywhere – no matter what subject, he has the answer – not that Google.

Here, for example, if I said Cancer (I like working with that, I know somebody with that Sun sign), it says here on the 19th of the 6th month that Jupiter will be in Cancer. You go to Google and look for Jupiter in Cancer and you'll get everything that will happen to you at that time. I made it easy for you. So why did I do this? After I went through the predictions for 2014, my limbs just collapsed on me. We are going to be surrounded by so much pain and grief. Everybody's nakshaktra is unfavourable. There's none, not even mine, that's favourable. Why? Because it comes out as the year of Sani – number seven. That is why we did the pournami pooja today in this fashion, where we sang to the Mother, 'Please, these people are making their offering to Agni the best they can, protect them'. So, I will try my best. I have to do it handwritten because if I give it to my typist, Jupiter might be in Scorpio and then it will be wrong and you'll say I gave it to you wrong. I write faster than I type. That's' my problem. I type with one finger, A-C-C, okay?

So here we are, and I expected a much larger crowd being the first pournami of the year, but I think we missed the point. Even – and I've mentioned this before – the Christian calendar is set with Ganesha as the first month, Ganes, which we call January. The Greeks and Romans took Ganes and made it Janus, January. Do you understand? Even they thought that we need to start the calendar with that month. And here we are doing this very powerful pournami for all of you in 2014. I met some people for the first time today and insisted they come and join us because I know the importance of this pournami. All we do is put this on the computer. Those with email can download it. You'll get the website address where you can download this from. I won't see you next pournami because you won't come. You've finished your quota for the year today. If you don't have it, it is your downfall. It is very important that you should know what time things will change in your life. Next year I'll make it even easier for you. We'll produce diaries next year and all this will be at the top of your diary – everything, the complete panchang, day by day. In the diary most of the time it's about what you draw not what you write – there are many blank pages.

So please, people, 2014 is not the year. 'Till this hour that I sit here, whatever I read against my star, my nakshaktra, has happened. So I know that it's accurate and its working. We're also producing a five-year panchang, and next year we'll produce another one. Within the next five years I want to produce a twenty-five year panchang so you will all have it when I'm gone. I won't be here, but at least my panchang will be here. So it's not a very good time. Also I see some educators here. To all you educators, I really wish you well … you can take it from there. You're not going to have it good and easy. It's going to be very tough.

Also during 2014, we're going to have three great, serious natural disasters. One of them will affect us, so you need to worry about that as well. If you do your prayer, believe me, God will put armour around you. Ask those people who have gurus – they'll tell you. You know, before I conclude, Radhika sitting there is one of my witnesses, Greg is, and Ravi – when I met Ram Bodha at the Chinmaya Mission Hanuman temple in Sri Lanka. It is the most powerful Hanuman temple in the world. I've had experiences there that I could not stop. It is seven hours from Colombo. I go all the way there just to do abishekam. Whenever I am there I pray for each one of you and those of you whose numbers I have, I tell you to fast on the day of the abishekam. But I do it for all of you. I don't miss out anybody. And that is one of the places where we can nullify the effects of these natural consequences, samsaras, that come our way – these are also our past impressions affecting us. So please, people, in 2014 I can only pray for you. I can cook the food and leave it in front of you, what happens after that is your business. I can only pray for you.

Also we have a problem where we start to get into this state of bad attitude, high and mighty attitude, and then something rolls over our eyes and we can't see people. The thing that affects me most is disrespect. And some of us seated here have a great sense of disrespect. I don't need to be respected as a guru, or for you to prostrate at my feet. But I need you to say 'namaste'. In the olden days whether you were young or old, we would put our palms together and say 'Ram-Ram', but we've lost all of that, our respect for elders. We need to somehow gain that respect. I don't need your prostrations. When you prostrate at my feet it doesn't make me happy or sad. I will still sit here, and when I wake up from here I go to my room – every time the same thing. But when you see somebody older than you, forget the spirituality, show some respect. The right attitude will give you the right altitude. If your attitude is wrong you'll lose your altitude. Anywhere: at work, your  relationships, marriage, friendships, social life, your attitude gives you your altitude.
Hari om.