Saturday, September 27, 2014

Navarathri Chariot Procession

This is our 18th Navarathri procession. Over the period of 18 years many have left, some have stayed and those who have stayed have had the dedication, devotion and determination to take this organization to where it is now. There’s somebody here who deserves accolades for this period and that is Saras Singh. She used to go door to door to get money to build this structure. She had strength behind her. She would tell them, “If you don’t give me a donation I’m an attorney, I’ll take you to court”. She has made this structure what it is today. Also, the structure would not be completed as it is now without other important people like Strini Naidoo who has donated large sums to the ashram even today. Tubby Reddy has also made great contributions to the organisation. And here we are 18 years later. And when Rose Ma hugged me at her home just now she said, “This is your 18th year, Guru”. On the 27th of September 1996 we started this.

With all that said, I think we have to congratulate ourselves for today's event. To the co-ordinating committee, Desika, Vishnu, Tashi, Bhavta – I think they’ve done an excellent job. This program is being followed by about 140 000 people online. That credit goes to Seelan who records everything live on the Peedam internet webcam. And Sundrie and her team – I think they really did a good job. And I think we can’t forget the strenuous practice you had for garbha – we didn’t’ have it because nothing happened. We have to say thank you to Neeta for that.

As you know, the temple is now complete. Those who didn’t see the new temple now please make an opportune time to see this. Thank you goes to Mahavishnu, Don, Athish, Mervin, Deepak – they’ve put money and time into finishing the temple. It was only completed because Athish started navagraha and after that gave me sleepless nights – he had a mantra: “When are you going to do the temple? When you going to do the temple?” I waited until 108 rounds and then we started. Somebody else who very tirelessly contributed a lot to making sure the completion of the temple was a success, is Jagadambal. You know I’ve been married for 32 years and I did not know that Tammy could blow up balloons until today.

If I missed any of you it’s not with intention. All of you, thank you very much, really. Whether I will be sitting and saying this again to you next year only God knows. I love all of you. Thank you very much for being here. Today the wedding would not be in that vibrant feeling that we had if it was not for one individual who assisted. This individual spent some years with his guru in India and today he assisted with the wedding and that is Vimal – thank you Vimal. I have a present for him:  a rudraksha with 62 faces.

Also we have to thank Steven for all that he has done. You don’t know what he does. And also thank you to Ashok and myself. If anyone wants to say anything, this is the time to say it. If anybody stresses me out in this temple its Jane. She finds nothing, forgets everything, and she brings me coffee wen I’m expecting to taste tea. We can start with service. God bless all of you and I love you very much.