Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 2010 Full Moon


There are some of you looking shocked that I'm here. Besides that, I just want to tell you something very disturbing. I went to see my doctor yesterday and while I was sitting in the waiting room, I could hear this telephone conversation that was very disturbing. All the people that called were Indians begging the doctor to admit their mother or father into hospital for the next two weeks. This is something that is pathetic. They want to entertain themsmselves for the next few weeks that's why they wanted to admit their parents. I could not believe that anyone could do that to their parents. You really have to be insane – something in your brain is not right. You don't have brain matter. You have worms.

And then, after that, I was requested to buy some stuff so I went into Gateway. But I normally go to the entrance where Game is so that parking is quick. But I could not get into Game. What was fascinating was the fashion. The fashion was fascinating. How can mothers and daughters dress alike, and wear these funny outfits? How can they can walk next to each other and everyone mistake them for sisters? So I'm driving back and thinking maybe I should start this thing called 'spiritual fashion'. I know some of you will follow. On a hot summer day, boiling, thirty degrees you wear boots and you're suffering – in a short skirt. And when you remove your shoes at the end of the day everyone around must run for cover - and we call it fashion.

It's strange that the very people that I see come here to the temple. Why you can't dress the way you are here? I still can't understand. People smile when they see me walking with my dhoti raised and I'm comfortable like that. I raise my dhoti and I feel comfortable and walk freely but you laugh and nudge the person next to you but, really, it doesn't bother me. But, as I said, what I saw today was not fashion. It was a disgrace. If you want to go like that, disaster is not far. You must be thinking, 'what does fashion have to do with disaster?' It has to do with rape - and that is a disaster. Today's headlines were, 'Rape Victim Saved by SMS'. Think about it. Our rape in this country is so high, third only to New York and Boston.

So, anyway, when I walked in here tonight I got a shock. Where were all of you during the last few months? In twelve months we've never filled this place like this. This is called 'Christmas Darshan'; 'end-of-year Christmas Darshan'. You just missed it. Today's the 21st so you can have a party on the 25th. Had this been the 24th, there would be only half of you here because we would disturb your braai tomorrow. But, really, this is what should be happening every month. You should come here and get this darshan. If you missed the darshan of Saturday, you missed the biggest darshan the Gayathri Peedam has ever given. If you missed it on Saturday, you missed a big one. Some of you were here from 2am until 3pm – nearly burned the building down, but it doesn't matter – they were here.

I don't know how much more to emphasise that we need to make this connection with God. For twelve months I've been saying it. This is the last month I'm saying this. You won't see me in pournami or service for the next six months. I'll only be here in January and March as a special request, but at other pournamis you won't see me, 'till you can connect with God. I have failed miserably to connect you with God. I've tried and tried and tried, and the more I try the worm is getting bigger, out of control. I'd like to tell you something. When you come here, if all of you can be like Suren – there are others - but Suren is a perfect example – you'd be connected. But we want to get involved in unnecessary issues. You must come here for one person, for the grace of God – forget the grace of Guru. Enjoy that grace of God, feel that grace of God. I have somebody who's really felt energies here. They have been associated with Sathya Sai Baba for many years and they felt this energy here. What happens to you all? Tell me. It's because your focal point of concentration is not there and that should be God. God should be your point of concentration, but we miss the boat. For some of you this Gayathri Mata is called once-a-month Gayathri Mata. I won't see you then. The next time I see you all will be the 19th of January. Nobody comes during the week or for service – only Jane can't cook prasad for all of you, she'll burn it but it doesn't matter. Burnt is better than no prasad. We're going to conclude now.

Wishing you a merry Christmas and prosperous New Year. I will see you on the 18th of January. I'll be in India and Sri Lanka with some devotees. I'll pray for you that you'll connect with God. I've stopped praying for your good health. I'm just praying for you to connect with God.

This is the Peedam diary for 2011. If you want one give your names to Lalitha and she'll make arrangements for you to have one.

On 31st December at 10am, we start reciting the Gayathri Mantra into the new year. Speak to Tejananda and he'll make sure you can be in that prayer – he'll tell you how much it will cost for you to be there.

This Friday evening after service there will be a one-hour Christmas meditation.

Then on the 18th of January I need twenty names who are willing to carry Thaipusam Kavady. But you must have transport. It's not here. Kavady starts at four. It's a Thursday, at a temple where Tejananda is the chairman and we want to support him. If you give him your twenty names we'll be very very excited for you.