Saturday, August 23, 2014

Mahanavagraha talk

On the 30th of August there is a big meeting on the astral plane about the current state of our world. We need to be very guarded with regard to this. So we need to start to pray, pray and pray. Just like you’ll bhangara, bhangara and bhangara, just change that to pray, pray and pray. And you’ll find that you’ll be in a better place than many people around you. If some of you just come to do pooja, please you have your gurus, go and hold onto their feet for dear life. Because the gurus are the only ones that can take you out of this rut – nobody else. Not even God because you don’t know how to communicate with God. You are still on a spiritual starter pack and come here every Friday for top up. We need to get higher than that now and do sadhana continuously.

If your name isn’t given according to your nakshaktra then you’ll have problems in your life. Parents give a name like Justin. If you do numerology on the name, we don’t know if it means ‘just a tin’, because the numerology of the number is a 7. It’s a very bad number to have in numerology. Many parents sitting here also gave names so it sounded right. You must keep the name given according to the nakshaktra. I’ll just give you one but there are too many of you here to do them all. If you want me to do it just make an appointment with me. The first nakshaktra in our constellation of 27 stars is Ashwini. If that’s yours it means your name should start with the sound ‘chu’, ‘chi’, ‘sho’, or ‘la’. ‘Chu’ is in the morning, ‘chi’ is for a baby born between 9 and 12. ‘Cho’ is for a baby born between 12 and 6. ‘La’ is for a baby born between 6 and 6. That is how astrology works. For example, according to my nakshaktra my sound should be ‘lo’ so my father, on the train from Chakaskraal to the registrar office in Durban, the whole way was saying ‘lo, lo, lo, lo’. But when he reached there he had forgotten. My name was supposed to be Loganathan, but he forgot and gave me his father’s name instead. Only when I changed my name did I stop suffering. It wasn’t a fancy name. It was a real bush name. Now we also mustn’t give names just because it’s modern times. Nakshaktra is still there whether you invent another kind of computer in the next 20 years or not. It will still be the same. Even if there are flying cars in the future it will still be the same. It won’t change.

What we have to do now is recite the Gayathri Mantra, the Ram Mantra and the Maha Mantra in one mantra. Do that 108 times. As I was sitting in the coffee shop earlier waiting for it to open, someone told to me that he doesn’t go to church but he closes his eyes and goes in to the depth of his being. So you find the time, meditate and find peace within yourself then transmit it to everybody around you and it can work. But we are not finding the peace within ourselves continuously. We’re thinking, ‘He has this, why I cant I have it? His house is like this why can’t mine be the same? God is giving him everything’. Just to remind you, when God gives you something he takes a long time to give it to you – it can be 20 or 30 years. But he doesn’t take that long to take it away from you. Therefore we should mentally satisfy God continuously by reciting His name, reciting the mantras and enjoying the peace within yourself. That is what it’s all about.

This is a very important day in my calendar. We have concluded the prayer with the blessings of the masters, and that they have given us such powerful mantras to recite. It’s for you now to take this and continuously nurture this energy that you have today. And the only way to nurture it is by remembering God, remembering God and remembering God. That’s all you have to do continuously. Whether at work, at home, in the shower, while driving, eating, every spare moment you have. Instead of letting the mind idle away, rather remember God, speak about God continuously. I get a thrill from speaking about God. I really do. When I travel I just wait for people to start a topic on God because that’s what I enjoy. Yesterday I told you that Krishna, in the Bhagavad Gita, said that he who talks about the Lord in a positive manner, comes to me. We all need to go some time to Krishna, to that loka, or Vaikuntha, Shiva-loka, Ram-loka, Jesu-loka, it doesn’t matter. But we need to sometimes think about how we’re going to go there.

Always do this whenever you find yourself in a situation in life: repeat the same thing over and over until you get tired of hearing it within yourself, and then start to repeat God’s name and see the thrill that the Self has – not you, the Self. The Self is always joyous in moments like these. And the Self will say to you, ‘Brothers and sisters I’ve had many; mothers and fathers too. I’ve seen them before, I see them now, but I do not know them from before’. That’s what the Self will tell you. The Self knows it’s been through this journey before and that you are the very person who did not do a good job the last time, so you are coming here again to pave the way for your next journey. Pave your path in a way that you can walk on it, where it is moist and full of energy, not hot or thorny – and enjoy that moment.

There’s nothing better in this world than just remembering God. God is a very unique concept in our minds. Somebody asked me not so long ago, how he could pray or trust something that he can’t see? He has not seen God. And my statement to him was, ‘You have not seen that 1 million rand policy. You’ve only seen it on a piece of paper, even if you die you won't see it but you still take the policy’. That’s the way the mind works. So, please, I’ve done my bit for each one of you. On the 30th of August I ask for all of you to be on a dry fast from 6 am to 1 pm. During that time I’ll be doing a very special prayer for each of you in a place called Rambhola in Sri Lanka. Your names will be given and recited with the name of God to relieve whatever karmic consequences will come upon you at this time. I humbly request from you that on the 30th of August each one of you fast from the time you get up till 1pm. No solids, no liquids, nothing. That means since it’s a Saturday, any of you not going to work cannot even brush your teeth on that day. You shouldn’t have any taste in your mouth until 1pm. After that you won’t be worried about brushing your teeth. You’ll just worry about eating. They request you not to brush your teeth because no matter how you try, the tongue will absorb some of it. You should not have any taste during the day. Therefore it’s very important that you do the fast properly, and see what it does for you.