Monday, June 4, 2012

Celestial Therapist

Hari Om.

You know, on Saturday we did a special Navagraha Pooja and, because three planets were in alignment last week they will have a negative effect on many of us, and that negative effect can last another eight to twelve months for any individual. So we had some devotees who were here and did the pooja. But what about the rest who didn't do the pooja?

I always try to keep everybody in mind – I try my best so that you are not affected by negative alignments of the planets – especially if you are in business. The alignment of these planets can bring about financial difficulty. And to those people who have health issues, the planets can bring about a worse condition in their health. So we're going to do this pournami pooja in light of that, so that all of you seated here can benefit at least a little from Saturday's prayer.

I know some of you didn't come to Navagraha because we had a prayer on the 5th of May and to do it again on the 2nd June was too soon for many of you. I'd like to inform all of you that whatever we do here, our calendar was already set in November last year for this year's prayers. And according to the masters, when the calendar was set we had to do navagraha shanti on the 2nd of June as well. So it has nothing to do with being too soon, but how it's going to affect each one of you. We'll do today's prayer in light of that so that those who didn't do the navagraha shanti on Saturday can get some similar benefit from today's prayer.

Also, I find more and more parents talking to me about uncontrollable children, and I find this now becoming a burden even to the ashram. We have to curb this at some point, somewhere, and I'm not going to feel shy when I have to do my bit in curbing it. I'm informing all of you – especially the youngsters seated here giving your parents a hard time. I can make your life a real misery. There's a great Hindu teaching, 'mata, pita, guru, devam' – even before God, before your guru, before your father, is your mother. And I want you to have that not just in your mind – have it engraved in your brain – that the most supreme of everything is your mother.

Some of you really treat your mums badly and they come to me. Really, if my mother was still living she would be my gem. Only when we don't have them do we understand what it is not to have them and how it can affect our lives. So please, the next parent who complains to me, their child will be in big trouble, real trouble, with me. Sort yourselves out and listen to your parents, especially your mother. Listen to her. Your father doesn't spend as much time with you as your mother does so listen to your mum – she knows. She's like a celestial therapist. She's not just any individual. She's unique in all she does. She's not just an ordinary therapist, she's a divine therapist. The times when you don't have food she'll pluck some herbs, put some bones and give you a sumptuous meal. Your father can't do that. You must therefore give her the greatest reverence. How you treat your mother now is how you're going to be treated by your own children one day.