Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 2010 Full Moon


Look at this turnout here, so low and so poor for the first pournami for 2011.

So, let me just give you some predictions as per Agasthiar, the great maharishi muni. On the 30th of December he indicated that flooding will be the first consequence of our negative aspects and input into this environment of ours. He indicated that islands will disappear totally in the flood; animals will be born with two and three heads. On the 1st of January the flooding started. Soon, just now, in a couple of days time, you’ll see in the news that an animal will be born with two heads - and it’s all because of the negative input that we place on this environment.

And the only reason I’m saying this is because we believe that our quota to pray is once a month. You come to pournami to pray and after that, its finished; or you come once a week to service and then it’s finished. Prayer should be as important as your cell phone is to you. You won’t walk out of the house without it, so why should we walk out of the house without prayer? Every moment should be a prayer moment. Like, right now we should be sitting thinking of a family member who is sick while we’re praying and their healing will start. I don’t know what you talk about during the prayer. I don’t want to know. But here we have a prediction telling us that 2011 is a disastrous year - and not by anyone, by Agasthiar, the greatest in predictions. If you go to India you’ll find him the most revered in predictions.

Some of you will have near and dear ones just leave you without notice. That is the prediction. Finances will be the lowest that you have ever had - difficult times, retrenchment. The rich will be richer the poor will be poorer. Again, in every line that he mentions he gives the statement, ‘only by prayer you will survive’. Let prayer be part of your diet. You don’t forget to eat. Just as you don’t forget to eat, don’t forget to pray. Pray every moment of your day. Wherever you are, whatever you do, let it be with prayer.

Some of us have our own offices or businesses. When you put the key in the door, open it with a prayer. When you close it, say a prayer. That is the only way you will sustain. There’s no point in coming later and saying, ‘Guru, open book,’ because I don’t open book any more. I have a computer. Only you can make the difference, because I’m going to tell you to pray. I can’t give you a potion to take three or four times a day, but I can give you a prayer to do.

No prayer is greater than the Gayathri prayer. In your kitchen, you should have a mantra box playing the Gayathri Mantra. In your car, have the mantra praying. If the mantra goes ‘narayana narayana,’ you are saying it mentally, but you have Michael Jackson instead. That is our problem. We have taught our children not to listen to religious music. If you child wants to go to the ashram you tell them to do their homework first, and the ashram can wait. I want to tell you something. With intelligence you’ll only dissect everything. Nothing is done without dissection. Knowledge is what you get here - no need to dissect anything, it’s there. You know how it works. But we want to be intelligent without knowledge. Rather be knowledgeable with intelligence. Physics say that if you put a tumbler over a burning candle, the candle will go out because the oxygen is finished. You don’t know if that is true but you accept it. The teacher can’t tell you, ‘This is oxygen’. Did anyone see oxygen? No. But we accept the fact that oxygen is what is required for combustion. In the same way I’m telling you now that prayer is required for sustenance, nothing else. You don’t require money. By prayer everything will come to you.

2011 gives you a number 4, a number of prayer. We need to pray. If you don’t pray, don’t look for me. Many of the children here grew up in this ashram. Some of the kids I’ve known for maybe four or five years, and through the ashram we’ve nurtured them to be who they are now. Do they still come to the ashram? No. Do their, parents come? No. Now they don’t need the temple. The temple nurtured them. But that very same child gets sick one day and they’re outside the temple gate looking for the guru. If you taught your child to pray properly – with dedication, devotion and love – as long as you have those three you are praying. And I pray that all of you some day will realise this truth. And when you realise it, I also pray it’s not too late because that is what happens to us. We look for things when it’s too late.

We have young daughters. Are we teaching them the right things? When we were kids there were different stores for different age groups. One for children and one for adults, but nowadays the mother wants to be like the daughter and the daughter wants to be like the mother. When they are twenty-seven they want to be teenagers. But now it’s too late. To any child the mother is a monument that is locked in its heart. And the child will follow that monument. Not the father, the mother. So if you want to get stuck in this disaster, that’s fine. From my side I’m going to try everything possible to help you.

During this year we’re going to do a Sri Chakra Maha Meru Mahayajna. Again, I’m not going to force anyone. When the date is set, if you’re here you’ll be part of the prayer. It’s only for you, not for me. To tell you frankly, I died two years ago. This is only an existence. So for me it doesn’t matter whether I die now, tomorrow, in a flood or in an accident. It doesn’t matter to me because I died already. But you are still here. Make the best of what I can give you, while you still have some knowledge. Then you’ll be here when others are gone. No disaster will get you.

You know I was telling Tammy and them yesterday. From Dubai to Durban it was like watching a movie about a plane crash. But in the movie these are just acts. Believe me, I prayed, just to see you all again. The plane was having problems with turbulence and it was going all over, out of control. People were falling out of their seats. I thought it was the last. I prayed, ‘Let me see you all for the last time’. If I can make that commitment for you, I’m sure that you can make that commitment to God.

Tomorrow is our first kavadi, at 4 o'clock in Stanger. Those of you carrying, please speak to Tejananda and make arrangements.

Hari om.